- A Content Marketer uses strategic marketing in order to create and distribute valuable, relevant, and consistent content in order to attract and retain a specific audience. By doing this, they increase sales and create a loyal customer base.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business administration (though some companies may require a master’s). Experience in marketing, advertising, brand management, or sales may also be required.
Example Job Descriptions
The Media Trust is on the hunt for a talented Content Marketing Associate to join our growing team. The Content Marketing Associate will be a gifted writer who can balance storytelling with technical, more product-related writing. Working closely with the Marketing Communications Manager, this individual will be central to all content creation with a focus on copywriting in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
The responsibilities are diverse and include, but are not limited to:
- Create compelling content to position The Media Trust as the industry leader in digital risk management. Output includes infographics, ebooks, newsletters, email campaigns, blog posts, reports, webinars/videos, product sheets, etc.
- Interview internal stakeholders for their insight and incorporate into relevant content
- Analyze the performance of original content and improve reach and effectiveness
- Lead social media marketing efforts for owned and paid content
- Collaborate with internal teams (product, marketing, sales, etc.) to plan and prioritize tasks for successful delivery of campaigns, collateral and promotions
- Support identification and pursuit of press and earned media opportunities
- Support the planning of marketing events, including trade shows and user conferences
- Use various marketing tools like Drupal, Pardot, and SEMRush to manage and measure content-related programs
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, advertising, marketing, communications or related field
- Qualified candidates will generally have 2+ years of hands-on experience
- Demonstrated technical writing, editing, proofreading and research skills
- Familiarity with digital marketing tools and social media platforms, experience with community development a plus
- Basic knowledge of marketing automation and inbound marketing concepts
- Experience with B2B clients is preferred
- BONUS: Media relations experience and familiarity with design programs, i.e., Adobe
- Strong writing and grammar skills, with amazing attention to detail
- Highly creative
- Self-motivated and passionate self-starter with a desire to continually learn
- Comfortable managing multiple deadlines; adaptive to change, flexible, etc.
- Positive attitude and ability to collaborate with subject-matter experts throughout the organization
Taken from LinkedIn, Mar 19, 2019