Graphic designers create visual media in order to convey information through photos and art. Depending on the industry, a graphic designer may create billboards, bus wraps, packaging, logos and branding, typefaces, magazines, brochures, or websites. They are responsible for interpreting the needs of the client and designing media that will communicate with the target audience in a way that is clear, effective, and attractive
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Web design, including software languages such as HTML, and content management system platforms such as WordPress
- Typography (choosing and creating fonts)
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Communication, both with clients and art directors/project managers
- Social media experience may also be desired
Example Job Descriptions
Our client, a Consumer Products Company, is seeking a freelance Graphic Designer to join the Corporate Communications team.
You will report to the Art Director and be responsible for:
- Content management and strategy, day-to-day design, and production for business-critical, communications tools including but not limited to our employee portal, digital signage, email communications, presentations and more
- Designing and animating layouts and advertisements for our web and digital signage systems, keynote presentations, logos, advertisement layouts, creating 2D and/or 3D content
- Being hands-on everyday as well as concepting to offer unique creative solutions, change direction easily, push their creativity and software skills to higher levels, exploit new technology, and actively communicate on all phases of a project to maintain quality
- Expected to set the bar on quality and creativity, often times generating multiple iterations of a “look”.
- Design and simple animate 3D logos and graphics for print and online use
- Work with video producer to create compelling title sequences and lower third graphics to enhance professional video productions.
- Translates project details and creative direction into unique design, animation, and layout solutions
- Maintains high standards of efficiency, consistency, accuracy, creativity and timely delivery of all requests.
- Must be highly motivated, work well under pressure, and able to effectively prioritize multiple assignments.
- Possesses strong individual and team communication skills with the ability to take direction well.
- Displays keen attention to detail, spelling and grammar
- Work is 70% graphic design (start to completion) including presentations, 40% simple motion for digital signage and keynote presentations.
- 3-5 years experience in graphic design and branding
- BA in New Media Design or related
- Strong hands-on knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Keynote, and Adobe AfterEffects.
- Strong understanding of Apple Keynote and Final Cut Pro.
- Online portfolio showcasing your creativity, design and type layout skills.
- Demonstrated 3D animation skills, primarily in AfterEffects and/or Cinema4D is a plus.