Events planners Coordinate events for various clients (both companies and individuals). They are in charge of nearly all aspects of the even. After sitting down with the clients and discussing the needs and expectations, the events planner will work out details, find and book locations, catering, and entertainment, hire staff and clean-up crews, make budgets, book speakers or celebrities, organize transportation, and hire A/V equipment and staff.
Example Job Descriptions
About the position:
The Events Coordinator will support the Director of Marketing & Communications coordinate and execute events, meetings and member requests. Thorough planning of event logistics and solid customer support are needed to complete successful events such as membership meetings, events, conventions/expos, educational workshops and other meetings and events.
This is a permanent part time position, 20 hours per week, and offer excellent health benefits. If you are looking for a full time position do not apply. We are looking for someone that seeks a long term events assistant/coordinator position in a permanent part time capacity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and coordinate events from the conception, set-up to tear-down with the direction of the Marketing & Communications Director.
- Customer service support to membership following up on request and needs.
- Coordinate all necessary event details and logistics, conduct research, secure vendors, event spaces, and visit venue when necessary to coordinate details.
- Provide onsite lead support for event logistics, venue, guests, members and vendors.
- Coordinate and track vendors such as food and beverage, audiovisual, equipment, décor, transportation, entertainment, rentals, florist, track post event wrap-up, etc.
- Assist in the design and editing of a variety of event promotional materials, work with printer and designer to develop these materials.
- Manage event registration, tracking and registering guests using Association Management System. Assist with badging process.
- Anticipate project needs, work with event sponsors, manage event calendar and scheduling, discern work priorities, take meeting notes, monitor timelines and deadlines are met.
- Track event budgets, contracts, payables, ensuring budgets are adhered to.
- Keep inventory of equipment, supplies and other display materials.
- Other duties may be assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate effective skills in the use of PC applications, excel and ability to pick up using new software.
- Extreme detail oriented and able to handle multiple details a MUST
- High degree of patience, tact and diplomacy, must be able to cultivate respectful, collaborative relationships with people; both internally and externally.
- Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
- Must be available and willing to work extended hours per day or per week, include workings weekends when necessary.
- Must be able to walk, sit and lift 25 lbs. as part of the day to day experience
- Must be available to travel to such locations and with such frequency as determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferred but not required if experienced
- 3 to 5 years of solid meeting, event planning, conference or event management experience.
- Diverse portfolio of experience including but not limited to meetings, annual conferences, exhibition management, special events.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Multitasker, punctual, and dependable with efficient time management skills.
Taken from Indeed.com, Mar 18, 2019