A business analyst’s job is to collect, document, and analyze data collected by their business in order to improve processes, products, services, and software. They often help to bridge the gap between the IT and business sides of product production.
- Communication (both in person and online)
- Documentation and Writing
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Analysis (business, software, information)
- Tech/IT Skills: SQL, .NET, Perl, VBScipt
- Expertise in the domain or industry the business is in
Example Job Descriptions
- Works as a highly technical business partner in the assigned area of the business to understand processes, requirements, and opportunities for improvement. Anticipate business and customer IT solutions needs. Gather requirements and evaluate existing IT solutions, available third party solutions, and internally developed solutions. Recommend appropriate IT solutions, assist with implementation, and provide ongoing technical support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with assigned business partners to fully understand business process, challenges, and anticipate IT needs
- Assess needs and requirements to determine appropriate IT solution: ERP, third party, or internally developed
- Stay current on third party IT solutions
- Act as the primary IT agent keeping current with applicable upgrades and enhancements throughout solutions life cycles
- Application configuration, data conversion support, and implementation as required
- Facilitate consistent use of ERP and other solutions throughout organization
- Document and test IT use cases/work instructions of all solutions to confirm they meet the need and satisfy the requirement
- Train super users on IT solutions to train further throughout the corporation
- Support organization to identify ongoing opportunities for improvement
- Ability to work effectively in groups
- System implementation experience desired
- Self-starting, ability to work without direct supervision, managing own workload while asking for help when needed
- Expertise in translating business needs into IT solutions within a manufacturing environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to work as a highly technical IT business partner with all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical thinker and problem solver
- Strong understanding of all manufacturing and operational principles in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Act as liaison between IT and functional business partners
- Ability to work effectively across functional areas, across locations, and across all levels of the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS / PRIOR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Industrial Technology, or Engineering.
- Any combination of experience and education will be considered
- Minimum of 3 Years in a manufacturing environment.in areas such as: Production, Quality, Engineering, Warehouse, Continuous Improvement
- Strong understanding and experience in Purchasing and Materials flow.
- Experience working with remote and/or multiple sites helpful
- Exposure to international operations.
- Microsoft Office Suite