Creative Directors are the project leaders of advertising and marketing companies. They work with designers, copywriters, artists, sales teams, and marketers to create the vision for the products. They will also plan advertising, oversee the creative process, and approve all work created by the team. And one the project is finished, they will present the work to clients/customers.
Example Job Descriptions
Reporting to the Executive Creative Director and Founder, this position will maintain and grow key partnerships internally and externally through strong brand and film marketing campaigns, as well as assist with Watson’s expansion into new markets, the launch of new products, and the formation of new strategic alliances.
ABOUT WATSON DESIGN GROUP
We develop campaigns for clients in the entertainment space across the earned, owned, paid and experiential space, we look to our creative and design teams to help create and breathe life into ideas. From the creation of an identity and style to a digital content hub or a 360 interactive platform, Watson creates experiences that carry our client’s stories to audiences across the globe. The ambition at Watson is to continue to build upon our award-winning campaign work and integrate the expertise of new creative approaches and technologies to our business.
You are a skilled storyteller with a deep understanding of what is shaping culture locally and globally. You have your finger on the pulse of trends in the worlds of film, TV, music, and art while being creatively nimble in a fast-paced social landscape that is constantly evolving. You will have a proven track record of mentoring and motivating teams, communicating effectively and directly with clients as well as internal teams – meeting deadlines across multiple projects.
You will lead, manage and inspire an in-house creative team of designers, copywriters, motion/video editors and work alongside analysts, strategists and account teams to translate creative briefs and story themes into a compelling creative experience across all consumer touch points for our filmmakers and studios.
The Creative Director ensures that the level of creative rises to the standard of the agency and that the needs of the clients are being not only met, but exceeded. The Creative Director works across all aspects of the business to activate brand messages utilizing your creative, leadership, collaboration and communication skills.
- Serving as a member of the senior leadership team, you will build our reputation for creative excellence in an evolving industry.
- Effectively guide the client and team members to the strongest solutions through creative decision making and leadership.
- Understand the client needs, requirements. Working with the client lead to effectively communicate with clients.
- Lead all disciplines of the project team in delivering the creative strategy and tactical executions.
- Drive innovation by continually pushing the boundaries of our creative product into new and relevant areas.
- Drive collaboration, setting an example to our team of Art Directors and Designers on project delivery and development with the rest of the team.
- Oversee a team on execution of current client projects that exceed expectation and deliver on client objectives.
- Identify and allocate internal and external resources on a project to project basis.
- Oversee deck building and proposal process from creative POV. Working with Art directors to define look and feel.
- Build a team of creative talent. Guide and mentor creative team members to develop their strengths and grow out of their weaknesses.
- Deliver superior quality work that meets business objectives while being distinctive in the industry. Storytelling with channel neutral ideas that break through and command attention.
- Demonstrate hunger, passion, and tenacity; you don’t wait to be told, you go out and do.
- +10 years experience at a creative agency or studio with at least 6 years experience building and leading creative teams.
- Impressive online portfolio showcasing a variety of work.
- Proven track record of leading small and large creative programs across a wide variety of industry sectors by linking creative strategy to client objectives.
- Ability to take an idea and transform it into a 360, multi-channel campaign.
- Ambition to push yourself and your team outside of the traditional lines, being agile, adaptable and able to work around roadblocks.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get into the work.
- Superb presentation and communication skills, bringing charisma and passion to sell ideas to both client contacts and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to thrive under pressure, juggling multiple clients, teams and deadlines.
- Love of business development and the ability to grow the business through new client wins and organic growth of existing clients.
- Organized with strong communication skills in written and oral presentations.
- Active passion for creativity and digital technology.
- Strong understanding of UX, interaction design, motion design, technology, and usability.
- Highly skilled in Keynote, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Adobe Creative Suite.
Taken from LinkedIn, Mar 19, 2019