Product Marketing Manager
A product marketing manager is very similar to a product manager, in that they help guide the success of a product. The product marketing manager does market research on new products, establishes timescales, and acts as the “voice of the customer.” They may also take part in presentations and events.
Example Job Descriptions
Dynatrace is changing the rules of software intelligence, so we’re looking for game-changing people. Big thinkers and doers that constantly push to the next level. Joining Dynatrace means being part of the team that has gone way beyond Application Performance Management and is defining Software Intelligence for the Enterprise Cloud. Redefining an industry is hard work and it takes focused, dedicated team players. Come get in the game.
As a product marketing manager at Dynatrace, you will be responsible for driving marketing strategy, messaging, go-to-market plans and sales enablement for one of our product lines. You will be the expert in buyers, their challenges, how they buy and their buying criteria, and will use that knowledge to create and deliver outstanding content, enable the sales team, and to ensure successful and consistent execution of product launches.
Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits are crucial. You will collaborate closely across the marketing organization including demand generation, campaign management and field marketing teams to ensure effective and consistent messaging. Selected candidate will work with product management and field sales teams to identify and prioritize messaging, tools and content to support sales and product launch processes.
- Work closely with the product management teams to identify market opportunities and define market leading products
- Develop and manage go-to-market product launch plans.
- Drive development of key messages that resonate with target buyers new releases and campaigns.
- Work closely with campaign team to define and support strategic marketing plans that are aligned with product line objectives.
- Create sales tools to ensure that direct and indirect sales channels are able to effectively and consistently deliver the right messages to our target buyers.
- Perform buyer and market research to understand industry trends and ensure resonant messages and effective marketing strategy.
- Define, develop and deliver quality content that can be leveraged in marketing and sales activities and thought leadership.
- Ensure Dynatrace products are represented consistently and effectively on the Dynatrace website and all other customer-facing materials.
- Effectively communicate project status, issues and results.
- BA or BS degree in business, engineering, computer science or related
- MBA preferred
- 5+ years experience in B2B software marketing
- Background and industry knowledge in the infrastructure software space, with APM, AIOps, Log File Management, or Digital Experience specific experience preferred
- Experience marketing SaaS solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and strong presentation skills
- Proven track record of developing strong and innovative content
- Ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner
- High energy and strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with the ability to manage several projects in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to ramp up quickly with detailed technical content, and to stay current with new product developments